Some users are experiencing trouble with iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max Dynamic Island not working. There are several possibilities for why this could be happening, and in this article, we will tell you how you can troubleshoot this problem and get your iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max Dynamic Island working again.
The Dynamic Island is the black, elongated capsule near the top of the iPhone 15 screen that houses the device’s camera array.
But it does more than just sit there. The “Dynamic” in the title means it actually changes depending on what you’re doing on your iPhone 15. The Dynamic Island can even be a more elongated capsule, or it can split up into a smaller capsule and a circular island — it all depends on what you’re doing.
Dynamic Island can be used to view media playback, sports scores, rideshare status and other bits of information without flipping back and forth between apps.
It supports up to two apps at once, which is when it splits up into a small capsule and a circle, but you can also interact with it as well. Gestures like a long press or swipe down can expand it further, and tapping the Dynamic Island when it’s in use takes you straight to the app currently using the Dynamic Island.
If dynamic island is not working on your iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max, this guide explains how you can fix the problem.
How to fix Dynamic Island not working on iPhone 15 Pro
Below, we explain several fixes for iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island problems. Try each until your problem is fixed.
Ensure the App supports Dynamic Island
Not all iPhone apps support Dynamic Island. A lot of Apple’s native iOS apps work with the Dynamic Island. While there is support for third-party developers to utilize the Dynamic Island, there haven’t been a ton of apps that make use of it, at least in the grand scheme of things. But that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. A search in the App Store for"dynamic island" will turn up some good options.
Apps that comes pre-installed on the iPhone that works with Dynamic Island include:
- Clock (for timers)
- Voice Memos.
Dynamic Island works with a variety of third-party apps to display relevant information, including Carrot Weather, Uber, Flighty, Grocery, Google Maps, Sports Alerts, Pestle, Structured, SmartGym, and more.
You need to check that the app you are using works with Dynamic Island. To do this, review the app’s description on the App Store. Look for any mentions of Dynamic Island. You can also contact the app developer and Ask them if their app works with Dynamic Island.
To test if Dynamic Island is working on your iPhone 15 Pro, open the Voice Memos app and tap on record button. Then, exit the Voice Memos app and see if the recording progress appears in Dynamic Island.
Make sure your iPhone’s software is updated
Ensure that your iPhone is using the latest version of iOS. You can check this by going to Settings > General > Software Update. A notification badge may also appear on the Settings icon if there is an update.
Enable Live Activities
Turning off Live Activities on your iPhone 15 Pro can also prevent Dynamic Island from displaying certain activities, such as a Voice Memo recording in progress, live sports scores, directions from Maps, and other similar things.
To avoid this, you need to ensure that Live Activities are enabled on your iPhone.
To enable live activities on an iPhone 15 Pro, follow these steps:
- Start the Settings app.
- Go into Face ID & Passcode.
- Type in your passcode.
- Under the Allow Access when Locked section, move the Live Activities slider to on/green.
- Return to the Settings page and scroll down to tap on the app that is not showing up on Dynamic Island.
- Make sure the switch next to Live Activities is turned on.
Restart your iPhone
If you have checked the settings above, and your iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island is still not working, you can try restarting your phone. Here’s how:
- Hold the side button and volume down button until the power-off slider appears.
- Move the slider to the right.
- Wait 30 seconds, then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Force Restart your iPhone
If your iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island is still not working after trying the steps above, try force restarting your device. This is also called a hard reset, but do not worry – doing so does not delete anything. This is more like a complex version of a restart.
- Press and release the volume up button, then quickly press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button. Power off slider may appear. Ignore it. Keep pressing the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Update or Reinstall the Problematic App
If Dynamic Island is not working properly only for a specific app, there may be a problem with the app itself. Try these:
Ensure that the app is up to date
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- From the options at the bottom, tap Search.
- In the search field, type the name of the app you want to update and hit Search.
- From the results, find the app. If the app says Open, this means that there is no update and you are running the latest version. If it says Update, it means there is an update. Tap Update.
Delete and reinstall the problematic app
- Press and hold on the problematic app icon on your iPhone’s Home screen.
- Tap Remove App when the quick action menu appears.
- Tap Delete App > Delete to uninstall the app on your iPhone.
- To reinstall the app, go to the App Store and tap on Search in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Type in the name of the app you just deleted into the search bar.
- When you find the app, tap the reinstallation button to its right. Since you’ve previously installed the app on your iPhone, the button will look like a cloud with an arrow pointing down.
Reset All Settings
If you are still having this issue, reset your iPhone Settings. Resetting all iPhone settings can solve many different iPhone problems. All of your iPhone settings will be restored to the factory defaults. However, non of your files or data will be deleted.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings and then follow the onscreen instructions.
If the iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island problem persists
If you’re still experiencing issues, you may want to contact Apple support for further help.