Is your iPhone 15 Pro not receiving emails? You’re not alone. Here’s what you can do to fix the issue.
- To fix iPhone 15 Pro not receiving emails Issue, first try killing the Mail app, followed by restarting your device. If that doesn’t work, removing the mail account and adding it again should fix the problem.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
An iPhone 15 Pro inability to send or receive emails can be caused by a variety of problems — it might be a lost connection with the server, an old stored password, or incorrect mail settings.
Below are possible reasons why your email may not be working on your iPhone 15 Pro, and a few solutions to fix it.
Check your internet connection
If you are not getting emails on iPhone 15 Pro, first make sure that your device is connected to the Internet. You can easily check this by opening the Safari app and trying to load a website, like iphonearena.com. If your iPhone does not have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection, try the following tips:
- Turn on Airplane mode, wait a few seconds and turn off Airplane mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router, you can unplug and wait a few seconds and plug back in.
- Restart your modem, you can unplug and wait a few seconds and plug back in.
- Reset your Network Settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will erase your network settings such as your Wi-Fi passwords etc.
Restart the Mail app
You may be unable to receive emails on your iPhone 15 Pro because the Mail app is not working as expected. You may try restarting the Mail app to see if this helps:
- swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This will reveal the app switcher.
- Swipe left or right until you find the Mail app preview and swipe up on the preview. This will close the Mail app.
- Now reopen the Mail app and test to see if you can receive emails.￼
Manually refresh the Mail app
If the above fix didn’t work, try manually refreshing the app to see if the emails will update.
- Open the Mail app.
- Drag your finger down on the screen and release it once the spinning wheel becomes full. You will know it’s time to release your finger when you feel your iPhone vibrate as you drag the finger down.
- Wait for the Mail app to refresh.
Update your iPhone
If that doesn’t work, you should take the next step. Updating your iPhone 15 Pro will hopefully cause emails to start coming through again. When you update to the latest version of iOS, the Mail app will be updated too. You can update your iPhone wirelessly by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
You can also turn on automatic updates by turning on Automatic Updates (Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates).
Check that your email address and password are entered correctly
One of the most common problems with email is that your password is incorrect — if you changed your password on another device, you’ll need to change it on your iPhone, too. Here’s how:
- Open Settings and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts and select your email account.
- Tap Re-enterpassword and type in the password for your email account.
Now reopen the Mail app to see if you can receive emails.
Restart your iPhone
If updating your device didn’t help, you should try restarting your iPhone to give everything a clean start – hopefully, this will get the email to start updating again. Here is how you can restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the side (on the side of your iPhone) and the volume down or up buttons together until you see the red slider.
- Drag the slider. Wait for about a minute and then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
If you are using a VPN on your iPhone 15 Pro, you may want to disable it temporality and check if you can receive emails. Here’s how:
- On your iPhone 15 Pro, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management > VPN.
If Status says Connected, turn it off.
￼If you emails start coming through after disabling your VPN, there are a few options for you to consider:
- delete the app from your iPhone.
- Update the app.
- Contact the developer of the app and ask for help.
Remove and Add the Account Again
If you are still not receiving emails on your iPhone 15 Pro, it’s time for drastic measures. Head to Settings > Mail and tap on the ”Accounts” button, followed by the account that’s giving you trouble. Make sure you’ve got the correct account, then remove it from your iPhone using the ”Delete Account” button at the bottom.
Be aware this will remove the account from your iPhone entirely. Any drafts saved on your device that have not been pushed to the server will also be deleted. As long as messages exist on the server, you shouldn’t lose any email messages in your inbox.
Now head back to Settings > Mail and tap on Accounts again. Tap the ”Add Account” button and follow the instructions for adding a new account to your iPhone. Once the account has been added, make sure that ”Mail” is enabled. You should now be able to receive emails on your iPhone 15 Pro.
Remove Mail and the reinstall
The Mail app may be corrupted. You can try removing the app and then installing it again. Here is how:
- Find Mail on your Home Screen, and then touch and hold it. Tap Remove App and then tap Delete App.
- After removing it, restart your iPhone.
- Then, open the App Store and download and install Mail again.
Use a Dedicated App or Web Browser
If nothing works, you may want to use your email provider’s dedicated app. Though apps like Gmail and Outlook lack the privacy protections you’ll find in Apple Mail, they work flawlessly with their respective services.
Most webmail services also work in a web browser too. This includes Gmail, Outlook, and even iCloud Mail (because Apple’s own service is also not immune from the issue).