Is your iPhone 12 Pro camera not working? Check out the most common problems you might come across with your iPhone 12 Pro camera, along with everything you can do to fix them.
Your camera is probably one of the most-used features on your iPhone 12 Pro. Everyone loves to capture memorable moments, take selfies, and share their daily lives through a camera. It’s a great and convenient tool—which is why when you’re faced with a problem that prevents you from taking pictures or videos, it can be frustrating to deal with.
So if your iPhone 12 Pro camera has stopped working, here are ways to fix the camera on your device.
Why is Your iPhone 12 Pro Camera Not Working?
There are many reasons for your iPhone 12 Pro camera to stop working properly, from your iPhone’s hardware malfunctioning to software issues.
Some of the most common iPhone 12 Pro camera issues include:
- Front or back camera not working on iPhone 12 Pro
- Camera app freeze, crashes, or otherwise misbehaves
- iPhone 12 Pro Camera Shows a Black Screen
- iPhone 12 Pro Photos Are Blurry or Out of Focus
- iPhone 12 Pro Photos Are Flipped the Wrong Way
- The Camera App Is Missing or Keeps Freezing
- iPhone 12 Pro Camera Flash Isn’t Working
There can be multiple reasons why your iPhone 12 Pro camera is not working, so let’s look at some solutions that will fix it.
Fix iPhone 12 Pro camera not working
If you find your iPhone 12 Pro camera not working, try the following troubleshooting tips. Test your iPhone camera again after each of the tips below.
Toggling from the forward-facing to the rear-facing camera usually resets the Camera app, bringing the view through the selected lens back into focus.
Restart Your Camera App and iPhone
When you encounter camera issues on your iPhone 12 Pro, restarting the camera app is the best way to resolve it quickly.
Simply exit your camera for a short amount of time before opening it again. For best results, open the app switcher (by swiping up from the bottom of your screen, and swipe up the Camera app.
If this doesn’t fix your iPhone 12 Pro camera problem, try restarting your device. To do this, go to Settings > General > Shut Down. Leave your phone off for 30 seconds to a minute before turning it back on. Then check to see if the problem is resolved. Even if it works, this solution may be temporary. If you still experience iPhone 12 Pro camera issues, then try another solution below.
If you have not updated your iPhone in a while, that can lead to camera problems. It’s important to make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Certain camera problems may occur because of a bug in the software. iOS updates usually fix these bugs and other issues with a device.
To check if you have any pending updates, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Choose Software Update.
- Your iPhone will automatically begin to check for updates. After a moment, your iPhone will notify if you already have the latest version, or there’s a pending update.
- Update your iPhone if needed and check to see if your camera works normally afterward.
Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This doesn’t delete any of your content—such as photos or apps—but it does reset all your iPhone settings.
Factory Reset Your iPhone
If all else fails, a factory reset will reset your iPhone to a blank slate. You will lose all data, including all third-party apps installed on your iPhone, so it’s smart to make an iOS backup first to save all your important data.
To perform a factory reset:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Reset.
- Select Erase all content and settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode to confirm.
iPhone 12 Pro camera not working still?
If you’ve tried everything above and your front or back iPhone 12 Pro camera is still not working, you might have a hardware problem instead. Try the troubleshooting steps below to fix it:
- Double-check that the camera is not obstructed by a case or sticker.
- Make sure there are no smudges, dirt, or debris on the camera lens. Smudges and fingerprints should wipe away easily with a microfiber cloth.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange a hardware repair at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Provider. If your iPhone 12 Pro is out of warranty, you may need to pay for this repair yourself.
iPhone 12 Pro camera not working: Fixed!
The camera is a great tool, but isn’t free of errors. The solutions presented here should have helped you resolve iPhone 12 Pro camera issues. Keeping your device up to date is a great way to avoid camera problems occurring on your phone in the future.