If your iPhone 14 Pro doesn’t vibrate when you get a call or message, here are a variety of ways to fix the problem.
Some of the problems users are experiencing include the following:
- iPhone 14 Pro does not vibrate at all for incoming calls or texts or when Silent Mode is enabled.
- iPhone 14 Pro vibrating stopped working for app notifications.
Lets look at the reasons why your iPhone 14 Pro is not vibrating, then walk through solutions to fix this issue.
Why is My iPhone 14 Pro Not vibrating?
Your iPhone 14 Pro may not be vibrating because of hardware or software problems. If your iPhone hasn’t suffered a hard fall or other physical damage, you can probably rule out hardware failure as the reason for not getting a vibration.
Once you are confident that the hardware is not the cause of the problem, the most likely reasons for your iPhone 14 Pro not vibrating are misconfigured settings or temporary glitches. This includes having the phone in Focus mode or airplane mode, silencing unknown callers, and similar.
If your iPhone 14 Pro is not vibrating, then don’t rush to the Apple Store yet. If you’d like to know what to do when vibration on your iPhone 14 Pro won’t work, here are some tricks to help you fix the problem.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
How to fix iPhone 14 Pro not vibrating
1. Run a Vibration Test on your iPhone
Before you try other troubleshooting steps, it would be helpful to pinpoint why vibrate stopped working on your iPhone 14 Pro. And with that, you can tell if the phone’s vibration motor is still working, or you just need to toggle on a setting on your phone.
To check, simply Flip your iPhone’s Silent / Ring switch back and forth a few times (the switch is above the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone), Does your iPhone 14 Pro vibrate? If it does, your problem is software. Even if you don’t feel it vibrating, the problem may not always be its hardware. So, move to the next method to find out the cause and solution of vibration not working on iPhone 14 Pro.
2. Check your settings
Ensure that vibration is enabled on your iPhone. Check the following:
- iPhone’s includes an accessibility setting that can turn off all vibrations on your device. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration. And ensure that Vibration is turned on.
- The second setting to check is the Sounds settings. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and then ensure that “Play Haptics in Ring Mode” and “Play Haptics in Silent Mode” are turned on. If, for example, your iPhone 14 Pro rings but does not vibrate, this may be the cause.
3. Confirm Focus Mode Is Disabled
The Focus feature on iPhone disables sound and vibration for call, text, and app notifications. If you’ve accidentally enabled Focus Mode, your iPhone 14 Pro won’t vibrate on incoming calls or messages.
To check this, launch the Control Center and check if the Focus icon is active.
4. Update iOS
If you’re running older software on your device, it might also cause the iPhone 14 Pro vibration not working issue. And sometimes, the build you updated to might contain some bugs that caused the problem. In that case, you need to update your device again. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Software Update. And if there is an update, follow the onscreen instructions to update your iPhone.
5. Restart Your iPhone
The next trick to fix the problem of iPhone 14 Pro not vibrating is to restart your device. Whether it’s an iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max vibration not working, rebooting your phone should fix the temporary error causing the problem. Follow the steps below:
- Start by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics And then turn off both “Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent”.
- Next, restart your iPhone by going to settings > General > Shut Down.
- Now turn on your iPhone and go back to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and turn on “Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent”.
6. Take Off Any Magnetic Case Or Wallet Cover
Some users have reported that they fixed the vibration problem on their iPhone 14 Pro by taking off the magnetic wallet cover. A magnet can sometimes interfere with an iPhone’s vibration motor. Try removing any accessories and taking your iPhone out of its case.
Does your iPhone vibrate now? If not, move on to the next solution.
7. Make Sure You’ve Selected A Vibration Pattern
If your iPhone 14 Pro is not vibrating even after trying the above solutions, your next step is to check the vibration pattern. It’s possible that your iPhone 14 Pro doesn’t vibrate because you’ve set your vibration pattern to None.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone and tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap Ringtone under the Sounds and Vibration Patterns.
- Tap Vibration.
- Make sure the checkmark isn’t next to the None option, and from the options given, select a vibration pattern. Now, your iPhone 14 Pro should vibrate for all incoming calls.
8. Reset All Settings
If your iPhone 14 Pro won’t vibrate after trying the above solutions, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not erase personal data like music, photos, and apps. However, all settings you have changed, like Wi-Fi, the Home Screen layout, notifications, and more, will return to default. It’s a bit of a hassle, but it confirms that no settings are causing your iPhone 14 Pro not to vibrate.
9. Repair options for your iPhone
In most scenarios, you should be able to find a solution in at least one of the steps discussed. If your iPhone 14 Pro still doesn’t vibrate, you’re probably experiencing a hardware issue. Generally this means that the vibration motor in your iPhone 14 Pro is damaged and needs repair. Visit your nearest Apple Store and get professional help. As long as there’s no water damage and your iPhone is under warranty, it hopefully won’t cost you anything.
iPhone 14 Pro not vibrating? Fixed!
By now, your iPhone 14 Pro not vibrating problem should be fixed, ensuring you do not miss future notifications. To check, ask a friend or family member to call you. If you have any other questions, drop a comment and let us know.
See also: iPhone 14 Pro Not Ringing? 18 Ways to Fix The Issue
Submit a comment