Your iPhone doesn’t vibrate after iOS 16 update and you’re not sure why. You’re missing important messages and notifications and it’s starting to get frustrating. In this article, I’ll explain why your iPhone is not vibrating after iOS 16 update and show you how to fix the problem for good!
Whether it is due to tinkering with settings or a software issue, vibration can stop working on iPhone running iOS 16 for a number of reasons. The good news is that you don’t have to visit the Apple Store for help. All you need to do is check a few settings, and your iOS 16 device will start vibrating again.
What are these settings? That’s what we will tell you here. In this Troubleshooting guide, you will get to know how to fix the vibrate not working issue on iPhone running iOS 16.
Why is iPhone not vibrating in iOS 16?
When your iOS 16 device does not vibrate, it may be because the vibrate function is not turned on, Focus mode is switched on, your software is outdated, or it could be caused by a problem with the iPhone’s hardware. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot your iOS 16 device to see if you can get it to vibrate.
Simple solutions to fix vibrate not working on iPhone in iOS 16
1. Restart your iPhone
Sometimes your iOS 16 device doesn’t vibrate because of a minor technical glitch. We can attempt to fix minor software problems by turning your iPhone off and back on.
You can restart your iPhone by holding the Side button and either of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears on the screen. Move the slider to the right with your finger to turn off your iPhone. Turn your iPhone back on by holding down the Side button. Test the vibrate function by moving the ringer switch to see if it will vibrate. If your iOS 16 device doesn’t vibrate when you move the ringer switch, move onto the next step.
2. Turn off Focus Mode
Another important setting that you need to check is Focus Mode. Focus silences notifications for calls, messages, and more. When Focus is on, your iOS 16 device won’t vibrate when you receive a new notification.
If Focus mode is enabled on your iPhone, you should see the icons in the status bar. After that, follow the steps below to disabled Focus mode on your iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top right of your iPhone screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Find the Focus icon.
- toggle off the switch next to Focus icon to disable it if it’s turned on already.
3. Enable Vibration In Accessibility Settings
The iOS 16 features an accessibility setting that can turn off all vibrations on your device. Make sure it’s turned on by following the steps below:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Select Touch.
- Make sure that the switch next to Vibration is turned on.
4. Enable Play Haptics in Ring Mode
If your iOS 16 device doesn’t vibrate when you receive a new call, you must ensure the ‘Play Haptics in Ring Mode’ setting is enabled. It’s possible you have disabled the vibration by mistake and forgot to enable it.
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to ”Sounds & Haptics.”
- To enable vibration on your iOS 16 device, make sure that ”Play Haptics in Ring Mode” is enabled. You’ll know that vibration is enabled, as the bar will be colored green.
5. Enable Play Haptics in Silent Mode
Just like the above step, you should also ensure “Play Haptics in Silent Mode” setting is turned on.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics, located near the top of the screen.
- Once on this page, turn on the toggle for Play Haptics in Silent Mode. This will make your iOS 16 device vibrate when it’s in silent mode.
6. Make Sure You’ve Selected A Vibration Pattern
You should select a vibration pattern to troubleshoot the issue. For that, follow the steps below:
- Head to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap Ringtone.
- In the following menu, tap Vibration at the top of the screen.
- You can choose one of the pre-set Vibration patterns by tapping on it. Note that when you tap on your choice, the vibration mode will begin on your phone, allowing you to feel what it will be like.
Note that there’s no need to save your changes. Simply exit the Settings app and your new choice will take effect.
7. Turn On Vibration using the Ring/Silent Switch
The Ring/Silent switch is located above the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone. You can set your iOS 16 device to vibrate at any time using the small toggle switch located at the left-hand side of the device. In vibrate mode, phone calls and text messages vibrate the phone, rather than make noise. However, all other aspects of the phone, such as watching a movie, still produce sounds. To set your iPhone to vibrate, flick the switch toward the back of the iPhone. You’ll be able to tell when you’ve done this as the switch will show an orange indicator.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll also see a notification showing that your iPhone is in silent mode on the display.
8. Update your iPhone
At times, even an iOS update can be responsible for iOS 16 vibration not working. To fix it, you will need to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Settings on your iPhone and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
9. Reset All Settings
a rather drastic method to fix iOS 16 vibration not working issue is to reset all settings on your device. This will reset all the settings on your iPhone to their default values and can fix the problem you are facing. Here’s how:.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General, followed by Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset.
- From there, tap Reset All Settings, then enter your passcode to confirm.
Your device will reboot afterward, and hopefully fix the problem of iPhone vibration not working after iOS 16 update.
10. Repair Options
Sometimes the issue of iOS 16 vibration not working is due to fault of hardware. If you’ve recently dropped your iPhone that could have resulted in damage to internal components. Take it to an authorized repair shop to get it checked out. If you just purchased your device, on the other hand, but still experiencing vibration issues, your iOS 16 device Vibration Motor may be faulty.
Take your iPhone to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store, as your iOS 16 device vibration motor may be damaged.
Did you fix your iOS 16 device vibration not working problem?
Your iOS 16 device is vibrating again! Now that you know what to do when your iPhone is not vibrating after iOS 16 update, make sure to pass the information along though social media! If you have any other questions about your iPhone, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.