If the Power button on your iPad Pro is stuck or broken, it’s hard to do much of anything with your device. The good news: There’s usually a simple solution. In this article, I’ll explain why your iPad Pro Power button is not working and show you how to fix it!
The button at the top of the iPad Pro commonly known as the lock button, power button, sleep button or off button, is not working. It doesn’t click at all. This can be really, really annoying because you can’t take a screenshot, and, most frustratingly, you can’t put your iPad to sleep.
iPad Pro lock/power button not working is a common problem, and even Apple has admitted it. Here’s how to fix a broken iPad Pro lock button.
Why is iPad Pro Power button not working?
There are a few common reasons your iPad Pro Power button isn’t working. They include:
- Your iPad case is blocking the Power button.
- The button is damaged or dirty.
- There’s a problem with the software or an app on your device.
- There’s a hardware issue with your iPad.
Ways to fix iPad Pro power button not working issue
Here are a few easy ways to fix your iPad Pro Power button if it’s not working.
Take Off Your iPad Case
In some cases, cheap rubber iPad Pro cases can make it feel as though the power button isn’t working. We’ve also noticed an unfortunate trend that some rubber cases can actually cause power buttons to get stuck.
Try taking the case off of your iPad Pro and pressing the power button — is it working now? If it is, you’ll probably need to swap out your case. If the power button still isn’t working, move on to the next solution!
Check and clean the Power button
- Inspect the Power button for any damage.
- Check for debris or dirt around the button.
- Clean it with a microfiber cloth or a cotton swab dipped in a bit of rubbing alcohol.
Restart your iPad using AssistiveTouch
If the Power button looks clean and undamaged but still won’t work, software issues may be to blame. With the AssistiveTouch feature, you can restart your iPad Pro — and possibly resolve the problem—without using the Power button. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.Tap the AssistiveTouch button, then tap the switch to turn it on.
- A small circle should now appear on your screen. Tap it.
- Tap Device > More > Restart. Then confirm that you want to restart your iPad.
- After your iPad restarts, check your Power button to see if it is working correctly.
Lock your iPad with AssistiveTouch
If your iPad Pro Power button still won’t work, you might be dealing with a hardware issue and should seek expert iPad repair. To use your phone in the meantime, you can use AssistiveTouch to lock your device and keep it secure.
- With AssistiveTouch turned on, tap the small circle on your screen.
- Go to Device > Lock Screen.
Visit Apple Store For Repair Options
Did you try all of these and your iPad Pro power button still won’t work? The solution now is to take your device for physical inspection and repair. You can start by contacting Apple Support and making an appointment at the nearest Apple Store or authorized Apple Service Center.
iPad Pro power button not working? Problem fixed!
An iPad Pro power button not working is a major issue but not impossible to address. Simply follow the tips above to get it functional again. Next time your iPad Pro power button is stuck or not working, you’ll know exactly how to fix the problem! If you have any other questions, leave them in the comments section below!
Submit a comment