Is iMessage not working on your iPhone 14 Pro? Follow these simple tips to get iMessage sending and receiving again.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
While being a robust, stable platform, Apple’s iMessage is like any other thing with moving parts. It can occasionally cough, splutter, and go down for a while. If you’re in the middle of a big conversation with someone and your iPhone 14 Pro iMessage suddenly stops working, you may wonder if it was something you did. In that scenario, here is a list of troubleshooting tips you can try to get back to discussing the biggest hot topics of the day.
Getting a good hang of the problem is key to discovering the cause and finding a possible solution. Hence, we have first talked about what could be the possible reason why iMessage is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro before learning the different ways to resolve the issue.
Why is iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro?
There are lots of reasons why iMessage isn’t working on iPhone 14 Pro: it could be an issue with Apple’s iMessage server, a problem with the Messages app, or your settings could need adjusting.
Let’s go through a variety of troubleshooting methods to fix the problem of iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro.
How to fix iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro
Without further ado, here are the solutions when iMessage it isn’t working, failing, or not activating on iPhone 14 Pro:
1. Make sure iMessage is enabled on your iPhone
The first thing is to ensure iMessage is switched on and is set correctly.
- Open iPhone Settings and tap Messages.
- Make sure the iMessage switch is green.
- Tap Send & Receive and ensure everything is correct here. You can choose to disable or enable selected emails and phone numbers for iMessage. Make sure to leave at least one of them checked.
2. Force Quit the Messages app
Rebooting the messages app is a great step to take when fixing your iPhone 14 Pro iMessage problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold.
- From the App Switcher, drag the Messages app card all the way up to force quit it.
- After a few seconds, open the Messages app again and try sending an iMessage.
3. Enable and disable Airplane mode
If iMessage is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro after trying the above solutions, try toggling Airplane Mode off and back on. This could fix a minor technical glitch inhibiting your iPhone’s ability to connect to your wireless data or Wi-Fi network.
- In iPhone Settings, tap the switch for Airplane Mode.
- After 30 seconds, tap the same toggle to turn it off.
You may also do this from the iOS Control Center.
4. Check your internet connection
Unlike regular texts, iMessages send over the internet. So you need to have a working Wi-Fi connection or good cell reception with available mobile data to use iMessages. Open a web browser and try loading a new webpage to test your internet connection.
If you can’t get online, that will explain why iMessage isn’t working on your iPhone 14 Pro. Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or check how much mobile data you’ve got left.
Strangely, iMessage doesn’t always let you activate the service over Wi-Fi. So if you’re trying to use iMessage for the first time but can’t get it working at all, try disabling Wi-Fi temporarily and activate iMessage on your iPhone over cellular data instead.
5. Restart your iPhone
Restart involves turning off your iPhone and turning it on. It is a quick and reliable solution to fix several iPhone issues, including iMessage problems.
- Press and hold the side button and either one of the volume buttons.
- Then, swipe the power icon from left to right across the words slide to power off — this will turn your iPhone off.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the side button (iPhone X) until the Apple logo appears on the center of the display.
6. Check if iMessage is down at Apple’s end
If iMessage is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro after trying the above solutions, the next step is to see if iMessage is down for everyone. To do this, visit Apple’s official System Status page and check if iMessage is working or not. When it is, you will see a green dot next to it. If it is down, please wait until Apple implements a fix.
7. Check for iOS update
If none of the tricks mentioned above help solves the iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro issue, there is a possibility that the outdated software is the culprit. So, what’s the solution? Pretty simple, check for a software update. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
8. Try Ejecting Your iPhone’s SIM Card
A SIM card connects your iPhone to your wireless carrier’s cellular network. If you’re having trouble using iMessage over cellular data, or if iMessage says Waiting For Activation, this step could fix the problem.
Grab a SIM card ejector tool or straighten out a paperclip. Insert the tool into the hole in the SIM card tray. You’ll have to apply some force to open the tray. Push the tray back in the reseat the SIM card.
9. Make Sure Your Date & Time Is Set Correctly
Another common reason why iMessage is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro is because your phone is set to the wrong time zone. Open Settings > General > Date & Time and enable Set Automatically. Now, restart your phone, and iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro should no longer bother you.
10. Turn off iMessage and turn it back on
In case the above checks and solutions didn’t work, turn iMessage off and back on. iMessage might have experienced a glitch when trying to activate — turning iMessage off and back on will give it a fresh start!
- Go to iPhone Settings and tap Messages.
- Turn off iMessage.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Open Settings > Messages and enable iMessages.
This should hopefully solve the problem.
11. Unblock the person if you had blocked them
After you block a person, they cannot send messages, FaceTime, or make regular calls to you. Thus if you aren’t receiving iMessage from someone you are expecting, take a few seconds to ensure they are not blocked accidentally.
- Open iPhone Settings and tap Messages.
- Tap Blocked Contacts and ensure the person is not added here.
- If they are, swipe left on the name and tap Unblock.
12. Sign Out Of iMessage and Sign Back In
If iMessage still won’t work on your iPhone 14 Pro, head to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. Then, tap Sign Out.
After you’ve signed out of your Apple ID, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage at the top of the screen. Enter your Apple ID password to log back into your Apple ID.
13. Reset Network Settings to fix iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro
No solution as yet? I guess a hidden network glitch could be preventing iMessage from working. In this case, the right way to go ahead is to reset network settings on your iPhone 14 Pro. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Once this is done, there is almost a certainty that iMessage will start working.
14. Contact Apple Support
If you’ve tried all of the above, the last step is to contact Apple Support and ask them for advice.
Resolve iMessage not working on iPhone 14 Pro
There you have it! Hopefully, iMessage is now working on your iPhone 14 Pro, and you’re chatting happily with your family and friends. Next time iMessage is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro, you’ll know how to fix the problem. Feel free to ask us any other questions down below in the comments section!
Submit a comment