Is your iPhone SE 2022 touchscreen not working or unresponsive? Here’s a troubleshooting guide to fix your touchscreen issues on iPhone SE 3.
Touch screen is great when it work, but when a touch screen stops working, all that ease of use goes out the window and frustration sets in very quickly. The biggest problem is that with the iPhone SE 2022, the touch screen is the only way you have of interacting with your phone. When that suddenly goes away, it can feel like you’re totally locked out of your device altogether.
While there are cases where an unresponsive touch screen calls for professional repairs, there are a number of steps, from easy to advanced, that you can take to get things working again.
In this article we walk you through a few simple solutions to this problem, and help you get an unresponsive iPhone SE 2022 screen doing your bidding once more.
Why Is My iPhone SE 2022 Not Responding to Touch?
If your iPhone SE 3 won’t respond to your touch, here’s what to try before resorting to sending it off for repair.
- Your fingers are dirty or covered. If you’re wearing gloves or your fingers are covered in some other way, your iPhone SE 3 might not be able to recognize your touch. Check that your fingers are clean and not obscured in any way before trying again.
- The iPhone SE 3 screen is dirty. If your iPhone screen is oily, dirty or wet, this can also affect its responsiveness. Use a cloth to clean the screen gently.
- A screen protector is affecting use. If you’ve applied a new screen protector to your iPhone SE 3, it may not be fitted correctly. Re-apply it and see if the issue is solved.
- Your iPhone SE 3 has frozen. If your iPhone has frozen, it won’t be able to respond to your touch. Quickly press and release the volume up button, quickly press release the volume down button, press and side button until you see the Apple logo to force a restart.
How Do I Fix an Unresponsive iPhone SE 3 Screen?
Here’s how to fix an iPhone SE 2022 screen that doesn’t respond to your touches, swipes and gestures, and generally isn’t working the way it should.
1. Update iOS
If your touch screen is responding at all, the first thing you should try when your iPhone SE 3 touch screen is not working fully is to update to the latest iOS version. You can check for an iOS update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
If your iPhone SE 3 touch screen won’t work at all, you used to be able to update your iOS via iTunes, but now you need to unlock your phone and allow connection with your computer using the touch screen, so that method won’t work for most.
2. Restart Your iPhone
If you’re scratching your head wondering ‘why is my iPhone SE 2022 touchscreen not working?’, restarting your phone might be the only solution you need. This may sound like a cliché fix, however, it’s often one of the most successful ways to fix an unresponsive touch screen on iPhone SE 2022. Restarting your phone shuts down and refreshes all background services, which could have crashed and led to your issue. Again, this method will only work if your touch screen is responding at least minimally. You can restart your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Shut Down.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Nine times out of ten, restarting the iPhone will fix this problem. But if The touch screen is not responding at all,the usual restarting method won’t work. This is because, after holding down the side button, you need to be able to swipe across the display where it says SLIDE TO POWER OFF.
So we’ll do a force-restart instead. To do this:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the Side button.
Your iPhone SE 3 should now shut down and restart. When the phone is powered on again, see if the touchscreen is working properly. If not, we may have to move on to more drastic measures.
4. Remove the Screen Protector
While most iPhone SE 3 screen protectors claim to boast TrueTouch sensitivity, not all of them are able to live up to the expectation. There are many screen guards that lose sensitivity when faced with dust, grime, and fingerprints. So, ensure that your screen guard is responsive. Remove the screen protector and then try to use your iPhone. If the touchscreen responds to touch and tap, the screen guard is at fault, and not your smartphone.
5. Water Accident? Let It Dry
It’s important to understand the difference between water-resistant and waterproof. A water accident can permanently damage your iPhone’s internals if you leave it on. Thus, in such scenarios, your best course of action is to shut down the device and wait for it to dry.
You might be surprised to know that putting your iPhone in rice is one of the best ways to dry it out if it has been accidentally dropped in water.
6. Factory Reset
If your iPhone SE 2022 touchscreen continues to be unresponsive even after trying the above solutions, try restoring your device as new. This can usually fix even the most complex issues. However, it is known as a nuclear solution, because it will delete all apps and data on your iPhone. So, make sure to backup your entire device beforehand.
To factory reset your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Here, select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once you have reset your iPhone SE 3 to factory settings, you can restore your device from a backup.
7. If All Else Fails, Visit an Apple Store
If none of the tricks mentioned above has worked in fixing the touchscreen unresponsive issues on your iPhone SE 3, contact Apple Support without any delay. The problem might be due to the damaged screen.
The random falls or bumps might have led to the screen damage. Here’s how to make a Genius Bar reservation.
Reliable Solutions to Troubleshoot iPhone SE 2022 Touchscreen Unresponsive Problem
Well, that’s all there is to it! I guess your iPhone SE 3 screen which was not responding to touch is now fixed. As it’s a common problem, you should always be prepared to deal with it.