A couple of users have stated that they are unable to view recent phone calls (calls they have received or made) and/or missed calls because their iPhone 13 is not showing their recent call history. Don’t throw your phone to the wall. In this article, I’ll explain why your iPhone 13 won’t show recent calls and how to fix it.
See also: 12 Best Fixes for iPhone 12 mini Not Making or Receiving Calls
Your iPhone records all calls. Your call history, also referred to as recent calls, has two viewing options: All (outgoing and incoming calls) and Missed. The call history section allows you to access a list of people (your contacts and other numbers) who have called you.
If you cannot see your call history, there are a number of troubleshooting tips that you can try to fix the issue. This problem can be very annoying because, for instance, if you cannot see your missed calls, you do not know who called and you will not be able to return the call.
Keep in mind, iOS allows you to see up to 100 most recent calls and groups. It’s also worth noting that some recent calls and missed calls can be grouped if they are from the same person or number.
iPhone 13 not showing recent missed calls: fix
Try the following steps in order. After each step, check to see if your problem is fixed:
- Restart your iPhone: Try this first. Simply restart your device to fix this problem. This is a very simple process. You can shut down your device by Heading to Settings > General > Shut Down. You can also shut down your iPhone by pressing and holding the side and one of the volume buttons (up or down.
- Force close the Phone app and restart: You can close the Phone app and restart again. Do not worry, your data will not be erased. Simply unlock your device and swipe up. This will reveal the most recently used apps. Find the Phone app, and touch and hold the up and press the red minus (-) icon to close. Then tap the Phone icon to reopen the app.
- Update your iPhone: A new update may be available. Check for updates and make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of the iOS software. If not, a new update may resolve this issue. You can easily update your iPhone wirelessly. Start the settings app and go to General > Software Update.
- Disable and enable Cellular: Start the Settings app and go to Cellular and toggle off Cellular Data wait about 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Enable and disable Airplane Mode: Start the Settings app and turn on Airplane mode and wait about 30 seconds and turn it off again.
- Reset network settings: Start the settings app and go to General > Settings and then tap Transfer or reset iPhone. Tap reset and then Reset Network Settings (you may be asked to type in your passcode). Keep in mind, resetting your network settings will remove your network settings including your Wi-Fi passwords and much more.
- If you have tried all of the above fixes and your iPhone 13 still isn’t showing recent and missed call history, there’s a good chance you may have a hardware problem. You may need to contact Apple support. Note that Apple also offers live chat support.
We know it’s frustrating when your iPhone 13 won’t show missed calls. Now you know exactly how to fix the problem if you ever find iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro Max not showing recent calls. Thank you for reading. And feel free to ask any question you have on the comments section.
Submit a comment