If your iPhone 12 Pro screen won’t rotate, you might have to turn off the Orientation Lock or do some other troubleshooting.
While iPhone screens are generally viewed in vertical format, rotating your screen to a landscape view can come in handy when watching videos or viewing certain images.
You should be able to rotate your iPhone 12 Pro screen seamlessly. If it won’t rotate, the app or screen you’re on may not support screen rotation, or you may need to troubleshoot your device.
See also: How to fix iPhone 12 Pro audio issues
The iPhone 12 Pro is designed to rotate the screen automatically in response to how you hold it.
However, sometimes, the iPhone 12 Pro screen doesn’t rotate the way it should.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your iPhone 12 Pro screen rotates properly.
What you should do if your iPhone 12 Pro screen won’t rotate
If your iPhone 12 Pro screen is not rotating according to how you hold the device, here are the troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
It should be noted that while iOS and certain apps like Netflix and YouTube support screen rotation, inbuilt apps such as Phone, Music, App Store, Weather, Reminder, Health, etc., do not rotate. If you’ve ensured that Screen Rotation Lock is disabled on your phone, chances are the app in question may not allow reorientation of your screen.
If you’re certain that an app supports screen rotation but it’s not working on your iPhone, you have a couple of options to try and fix the issue.
1. Turn off the iPhone’s Orientation Lock
For times when you don’t want the screen to rotate, you can enable the Orientation Lock. On the other hand, here’s how to make sure it’s turned off:
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the top right of your screen.
- Check the status of the Orientation Lock icon, which looks like a padlock with an arrow curving around it. If the icon is white and the padlock and arrow are red, it’s enabled, and that’s probably your problem.
- Tap the Orientation Lock icon to turn it off. The icon should turn transparent and the padlock and arrow will turn white.
- If it was already off, toggle the Orientation Lock on and then off again by tapping it twice.
2. Test apps on your iPhone to see if they rotate
If the Orientation Lock wasn’t your problem, make sure you’re using an app that actually rotates. Some apps especially many games are designed to work with a single orientation, and will not rotate no matter how you hold the iPhoned .
- To check, swipe from the bottom of your screen to go to the Home screen.
- Start a built-in Apple app, like Safari or Mail.
- These should all rotate normally. If they do and the app you were trying to use does not then that app isn’t designed to rotate.
3. Force quit the iOS app
Even after trying the above fixes, iPhone 12 Pro screen rotation is not working? In this case, force quit the app and start afresh.
- From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
- Swipe right or left to find the app that doesn’t rotate.
- Swipe up on the app that does not rotate.
- After a few seconds, open that app again and rotate the iPhone. The app screen should rotate too.
4. Restart your iPhone
Sometimes technology can be finicky and a simple restart gives your phone a chance to get things right. There’s no rhyme or reason to why this works, but it often does.
- Open settings
- Tap General
- Select Shut Down
5. Reset all Settings
If none of the above solutions worked, go ahead and reset all iPhone settings. Once it completes, your iPhone 12 Pro screen should rotate without issues. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset. It’s all the way at the bottom.
- Tap Reset All Settings. Once the reset process is completes, it is almost certain that the iPhone 12 Pro screen not rotating would be a thing of the past!
6. Visit Apple Store
If none of those troubleshooting tips fixed your iPhone 12 Pro screen rotation issue, you probably have a problem with your iPhone’s hardware. , it may be time to contact Apple Support to fix the problem. Your device may have a broken accelerometer or another issue that you’d need a professional to fix. Taking your iPhone to your local Apple store or authorized Apple repair store is the first step to getting the issue fixed.
iPhone 12 Pro screen not rotating: Fixed
I hope you were able to fix the screen rotation problem on your iPhone 12 Pro. It isn’t a big issue unless it’s a hardware problem. If you have any other questions, drop us a comment and let us know.
Submit a comment