Is Vibration Not Working On iPhone 13? You are not alone! Here are all the solutions and workarounds that can easily resolve the Vibration Not Working On iPhone 13 issue.
One of our readers asked, ”The vibration on my iPhone 13 stopped working. What caused it?” iPhone 13 vibration not working could be caused by two factors: hardware or software problems.
In case of software problems, you could fix that by flipping on vibrate switch in your iPhone settings, or basically, restarting your iPhone. But regarding a hardware problem, you might not be able to fix it on your own, as it might require replacing the vibration motor on your iPhone.
Nonetheless, the troubleshooting methods explained in this article will help you fix the problem of iPhone 13 vibration not working for good.
A lot of iPhone users live their lives in silent mode, relying solely on the vibrate function to detect incoming calls, messages, and notifications.
While it can be handy to hear your iPhone ring when you receive a new text or email, at other times, having your phone make loud sounds can be annoying.
In those instances, vibrations are handy, since they still alert you to any notifications without disturbing those around you.
Vibrations provide haptic feedback, which allows you to feel rather than hear your notifications. This feature can be useful when your phone’s volume is turned on as well, as you might feel it vibrating in your pocket even if the speaker is muffled.
When your iPhone 13 rings, but does not vibrate, it may be because the vibrate function is not turned on, or it could be caused by a problem with the iPhone’s firmware. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot your iPhone 13 to see if you can get it to vibrate.
Simple solutions to fix vibrate not working on iPhone 13
1. Restart your iPhone
As usual, the first trick to fix iPhone 13 vibration not working issue is to restart your phone. Whether it’s an iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max vibration not working, rebooting your phone should fix the temporary error causing the problem. You can restart your iPhone by holding the Side button and either of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears on the screen. Move the slider to the right with your finger to turn off your iPhone. Turn your iPhone back on by holding down the Side button. Test the vibrate function by moving the ringer switch to see if it will vibrate.
2. Disable Focus Mode
Your iPhone 13 won’t vibrate if it is in Focus Mode. If that’s the case, you already know what to do: disable the Focus Mode feature.
If Focus mode is enabled on your iPhone, you should see the icons in the status bar. After that, follow the steps below to disabled Focus mode on your iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top right of your iPhone screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Find the Focus icon.
- toggle off the switch next to Focus icon to disable it if it’s turned on already.
3. Turn On Vibration In Accessibility Settings
iPhone’s includes an accessibility setting that can turn off all vibrations on your device. Make sure it’s turned on by following the steps below:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Select Touch.
- Make sure that the switch next to Vibration is turned on.
4. Turn On Vibrate on Ring
You can turn on vibrations for when your iPhone 13 ringer is on. You just need to turn on the toggle for Vibrate on Ring. This will make your iPhone ring and vibrate at the same time.
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to ”Sounds & Haptics.”
- To enable vibration on your iPhone 13, make sure that ”Vibrate on Ring” is enabled. You’ll know that vibration is enabled, as the bar will be colored green.
5. Turn on Vibrate on Silent
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics, located near the top of the screen.
- Once on this page, turn on the toggle for Vibrate on Silent. This will make your iPhone vibrate when it’s in silent mode.
6. Make Sure You’ve Selected A Vibration Pattern
- To select a vibration pattern, head to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap Ringtone.
- In the following menu, tap Vibration at the top of the screen.
- You can choose one of the pre-set Vibration patterns by tapping on it. Note that when you tap on your choice, the vibration mode will begin on your phone, allowing you to feel what it will be like.
Note that there’s no need to save your changes. Simply exit the Settings app and your new choice will take effect.
7. Turn On Vibration using the Ring/Silent Switch
The Ring/Silent switch is located above the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone. You can put your iPhone 13 into silent mode at any time with the small toggle switch on the left-hand side of the device. In vibrate mode, phone calls and text messages vibrate the phone, rather than make noise. However, all other aspects of the phone, such as watching a movie, still produce sounds. To set your iPhone to vibrate, flick the switch toward the back of the iPhone. You’ll be able to tell when you’ve done this as the switch will show an orange indicator.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll also see a notification showing that your iPhone is in silent mode on the display.
8. Update your iPhone
If you’re running an older version of iOS, it might also cause the iPhone 13 vibration not working issue. And sometimes, the build you updated to might contain some bugs that caused the problem. In that case, you need to update your iPhone again.
- Start the Settings on your iPhone and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
9. Reset All Settings
a rather drastic method to fix iPhone 13 vibration not working is to reset all settings on your device.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General, followed by Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset.
- From there, tap Reset All Settings, then enter your passcode to confirm.
Your device will reboot afterward, and hopefully fix the problem of iPhone 13 vibration not working.
10. Get help from Apple
Sometimes iPhone 13 vibration not working is the fault of hardware. If you’ve recently dropped your iPhone that could have resulted in damage to internal components. Take it to an authorized repair shop to get it checked out. If your device is brand new, on the other hand, but still experiencing vibration issues, your iPhone 13 Vibration Motor may be faulty.
Take your iPhone to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store, as your iPhone 13 vibration motor may be damaged.
Did you fix your iPhone 13 vibration not working problem?
These are our tips and tricks on fixing your iPhone 13 vibration not working problem. As someone who has dealt with this issue firsthand, it can be very frustrating. Thankfully these steps have resolved the issue for many people. Did we manage to help you solve your iPhone 13 vibrate not working issue? Let us know in the comments below.