Is Pinterest not working on your iPhone 14 Pro? Get it back up and working in no time!
Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting (known as ‘pinning’) images or videos to their own or others’ boards (i.e. a collection of ‘pins,’ usually with a common theme) and browsing what other users have pinned. With that in mind, we can understand how frustrating it can be when you have problems with Pinterest not working on your iPhone 14 Pro.
This rarely happens, so it might come as a shock. An outage is often the cause, but it could also be an external problem. If Pinterest keeps crashing or not working on your iPhone 14 Pro, then find out here what you can do to fix the issue.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
1. Is Pinterest down?
Consider the idea that you might not be the only one having issues with Pinterest not working on iPhone 14 Pro. It might be a site-wide issue! First things first — check if Pinterest is working using another device. You can also use try the app if you were attempting to use a browser, or vice-versa. Otherwise, you can check on a website like Down Detector. This site will let you know if there are any issues with Pinterest, in general. If there are issues on Pinterest’s side, there’s nothing you can do but wait it out.
2. Close and re-open Pinterest
If you find out Pinterest is down only for you, it might be an issue with the browser or app. Simply close and reopen Twitter. This might fix the issue. If you’re using a browser, close it entirely and open the website back up. If this doesn’t work, go ahead and move on to the next step.
3. Clear cache and browsing history in Pinterest
If you are scratching your head wondering “Why is Pinterest not working on my iPhone 14 Pro?” even after a force quit and restart? It seems you’ll have to look for more in-depth fixes. Simply do the following:
- Start the Pinterest app on your iPhone 14 Pro.
- Now, tap the Profile tab at the bottom right.
- Tap the tiny Settings icon at the upper right.
- Tap Privacy & data.
- Now, scroll down and tap Clear app cache to clean it up.
- Reboot your iPhone and open the app again. It should start working correctly.
4. Check for updates
Are you running the latest version of the app? If not, this might be the reason for Pinterest not working on iPhone 14 Pro. Go ahead and check if there are any updates available from the App Store.
How to check for app updates on iPhone 14 Pro:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Check if your Pinterest app has an available update.
- Select Update next to it.
- Alternatively, you can also hit the Update all button to take care of everything at once.
How to check for iOS updates:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into General.
- Select Software update.
- Follow instructions, if there is an available update.
5. Delete and reinstall the Pinterest app
Over time, the app collects and stores data on your device. This might include bugs in the code. Reinstalling the app can help get rid of those issues altogether.
- From the iPhone home screen, touch and hold the Pinterest app icon.
- A menu will appear on your iPhone screen with various options.
- Select Delete App > tap Delete to confirm the action.
- Launch the App Store > tap Search at the bottom right > type Pinterest and download the app.
6. Restart your iPhone
A simple restart can often fix issues, and the same applies when you have problems with Pinterest not working on iPhone 14 Pro. It’s like magic and seems to work most of the time, so give it a try!
7. Check your Internet connection
Another reason for Pinterest not working on iPhone 14 Pro might be that your internet is down. Double-check by using another app or going to another website. Put simply, go ahead and see if anything else can access the internet. Now, if nothing is working, then chances are you’re having internet problems. If you’re using Wi-Fi or LAN, check your router or modem. Try restarting it.
Those using a cellular connection can check their settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Cellular.
- Toggle Cellular data on.
8. Contact app developer
If you’ve tried everything on the list and Pinterest is not working on iPhone 14 Pro, you can report the bug or problem to the devs directly.
Did any of the above solutions help you fix the Pinterest app on your iPhone 14 Pro? Reach out to us with your valuable feedback. If you discover any other handy solution to fix this issue, make sure to let us know about it in the comments section below.
Submit a comment