If iCloud Keychain is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro, learn what to do.
Several iPhone 14 Pro users have reported technical difficulties with Keychain. One of the common difficulties includes a problem where the iCloud Keychain can’t autofill your account details or credit cards on Safari. Other users have reported that Keychain fails to turn on on their iPhone 14 Pro. Other users have stated that iCloud Keychain is not syncing their passwords and credit card info between their iPhone 14 Pro and other devices. In this article, I’ll explain how to fix these issues for good!
iCloud Keychain is Apple’s password management system. With it, your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers can be safely and securely stored on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad keychain and synced across all your devices using iCloud.
When you’re using Safari, you can easily access passwords or auto-fill shipping and credit card information. You can also access passwords stored in iCloud Keychain while in third-party apps. If you’re having issues with iCloud Keychain autofilling your account details or credit cards, iCloud Keychain not syncing your passwords and credit card info between devices, or if you can’t enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Fixes for Keychain not working on iPhone 14 Pro
1. Check the Autofill settings
First, make sure that your autofill options are enabled on your iPhone 14 Pro.
- Start the settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Passwords.
- Tap Autofill Passwords.
- Make sure that the Autofill Passwords toggle is on and that iCloud Keychain is checked.
2. Enable credit cards
To view the details for your autofill contact information and enable credit cards, do the following.
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Safari.
- Under General, tap Autofill.
- Turn on the toggles for Use Contact Info and Credit Cards. You can view the details being used by tapping My Info and Saved Credit Cards.
3. Make sure you are not using private browsing
Navigate to Safari and make sure that you’re not using private browsing. Safari won’t save your autofill information if you are. You can tell if you’ve enabled private browsing if the navigation bar is black. And when you tap the Tabs button, you’ll see that Private is highlighted. Tap Private to disable it.
4. Force Restart your iPhone
If you can’t activate keychain on your iPhone 14 Pro, force restarting your device can fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Side button.
- When the Apple Logo appears, release the button.
5. Sign out of iCloud and back in
If you can’t enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone 14 Pro after trying the above step, sign out of iCloud and back in. In most cases, simply logging out and then logging back in on your iCloud can fix the issue of keychain not working on your new iPhone 14 Pro.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Type in your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your iPhone.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Sign in again.
6. Update iOS
If you are still unable to turn on iCloud Keychain on your iPhone 14 Pro, make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS. To check for iOS update, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Software Update.
- If an iOS update is available, tap Download and Install.
7. Turn on two-factor authentication
If your Apple ID account isn’t already using two-factor authentication, keychain won’t work on iPhone 14 Pro. Please do the following:
- Open Settings
- Tap your name
- Tap Password & Security
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication, then tap Continue.
- Type in a trusted phone number, a phone number where you want to receive verification codes for two-factor authentication
- You can choose to receive the codes by text message or automated phone call.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the verification code sent to your trusted phone number.
8. Reset all settings
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset.
- Choose reset all settings and follow the onscreen instructions.
Fixed keychain not working on iPhone 14 Pro issue
If you’re having issues with iCloud Keychain autofilling your account details or credit cards or if you can’t enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone 14 Pro, hopefully these steps will help you fix it.
Submit a comment