Easily unlock your iPhone without a password using these methods.
If you lock your iPhone using a passcode (and for your privacy and security, you should) you can rest assured that it’s highly secure.
But if you can’t remember the passcode — or you’ve entered it wrong so many times that the iPhone is disabled and won’t accept the passcode anymore — you can still unlock it.
Unfortunately, you’ll need to reset the iPhone to its factory-default settings in the process. Afterward, you can replace your data from a recent backup. Here’s how to do it.
Important: If you’ve never backed up your iPhone before you restore it, you won’t be able to save the data currently on it.
Without further ado, here are some of the best methods on how to unlock a disabled iPhone without a password.
Four Easy Methods on How to Unlock iPhone Without Password
Learning how to unlock an iPhone without a password is easier than you might expect. You can do this with or without a computer, and you can even get through the process without additional software.
It’s always worth exploring your options when you are trying to get into an iPhone without the passcode, that’s why we decided to created this handy guide. The methods explained in this article makes it pretty easy to unlock your iPhone, even if you have lost the passcode.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone Password With a Computer
Unlocking a disabled iPhone is easier with a computer. The following steps will show you how to unlock a disabled iPhone without a password using your computer, and these methods work for both PCs and Macs.
Solution 1: How to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode via Recovery Mode
Before you start troubleshooting, make sure your Mac is up to date and is running the latest version of iTunes.
- If your Mac is running macOS Catalina, launch Finder. If your Mac is running macOS Mojave or earlier, or using a PC, launch iTunes.
- Ensure your iPhone is connected and wait for the recovery mode screen to appear.
- If you’re using an iPhone without a Home button, press and release the volume up button button. Then, press and release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button.
- If you’re using an iPhone with a Home button, press and hold the Home and side) buttons at the same time. Hold the buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Wait until the Recovery Mode screen appears on your iPhone before letting go of the Power/Home button.
Find the pop-up in iTunes on the computer you are using and choose the Restore option to Restore your iPhone. This will delete all of the data on the device, but will also remove the lock screen that is preventing you from accessing it without a password.
Solution 2: How to Reset iPhone Without Password Using iTunes
This method is similar to the the above method, but it doesn’t require Recovery Mode on your iPhone.
- Build a connection between your iPhone and computer.
- Open iTunes, and locate your iPhone.
- Click on the Restore iPhone option in the summary for your device and follow the prompts to reset iPhone without password.
How to Unlock iPhone Passcode Without a Computer
You need a computer to to unlock an iPhone without passcode in the above two methods. However, if you don’t have a computer and want to know how to unlock iPhone passcode without computer These methods may be trickier than the previous options, but they are great when you don’t have access to another machine to help you.
Solution 3: If Your iPhone Is running iOS 15.2 or higher
If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher, you can reset locked home screens without a password or a computer. This is great for anyone who is stuck with their iPhone lock screen turned on, enabling you to reset your phone without using a computer.
Simply select the Erase iPhone option at the bottom of the iPhone lockout screen and follow the on-screen prompts.
Solution 4: Unlock an iPhone Without a Password With iCloud
You will need another device to perform this method, but it doesn’t have to be a computer and another smartphone/iPhone will work.
- Go to the iCloud website on a browser and sign in with the same account on your iPhone.
- Go to the Find iPhone section of the website and select the iPhone that is locked from the list of devices.
- Tap Erase iPhone and follow the prompts to confirm the process. This will erase all of the data from your iPhone, including the old passcode.
How to Unlock an iPhone Without Losing Data
It is almost impossible to unlock an iPhone without a password and without losing data. This makes it crucial that you take the time to back up your phone on a regular basis, as this will give you access to your old data if you ever have to recover your password.
Unlocking an iPhone Without the Passcode
Apple works hard to make sure that its devices are hard to access without the correct credentials. All of the methods explored in this article are quick and easy.