Recording the screen on your iPhone 14 Pro is really easy. You don’t even need to install any third-party apps to do it.
If a picture can say a thousand words, imagine what a video can express! Sometimes the best way to show someone how to do something on the iPhone, showcase a feature, or explain a process, is to make a screen video. Thankfully, recording your screen on an iPhone 14 Pro is effortless. In this article, I’ll show you how to record your screen on iPhone 14 Pro step-by-step.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Start by Adding the Screen Recording Shortcut to Control Center
Before recording the screen on your iPhone 14 Pro, you need to add the screen recording shortcut to Control Center. This is because Apple doesn’t have an app for the feature; it’s just a simple toggle that allows you to start recording the screen.
Here’s how to add it to the Control Center:
- On your iPhone 14 Pro, tap Settings.
- Go into Control Center.
- Scroll down to Screen Recording.
- Tap the (green plus) logo next to it.
You can now quickly start screen recording on your iPhone 14 Pro using this toggle.
Use the Control Center Shortcut to Record Your iPhone 14 Pro Screen
After adding the screen recording shortcut to the Control Center, you can record the screen of your iPhone 14 Pro even when using any app or game. You just need to bring up the Control Center and tap the shortcut.
Ideally, you should enable Do Not Disturb or use a Focus mode on your iPhone to block notifications first, to ensure they don’t pop up and ruin your recording.
The gaming performance of your iPhone will take a slight hit when screen recording. This should not be an issue in most cases, but you may notice some dropped frames in heavy games.
To record your iPhone 14 Pro screen:
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner of the display.
- Tap the Screen Recording shortcut. A three-second countdown will show up, after which the screen recording will start.
- A red icon will appear in your iPhone’s status bar, indicating that the screen is being recorded. You can stop the recording anytime by tapping the red icon. Alternatively, tap the Screen Recording button in Control Center again.
- A dialog box will pop up asking to confirm whether you want to stop and save the recording. Tap Stop to stop and save the recording. If you select Cancel the recorded content will be discarded.
You can access the saved screen recording from the Photos app on your iPhone. Use the built-in editor to trim the screen recording if required.
How to Screen Record With Sound on iPhone 14 Pro
By default there is no audio recorded while you record your screen. If you want to record your voice narrating along while you record the screen, for example, all you have to do is change one simple settings. Here’s what to do.
- On your iPhone, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to bring up Control Center.
- You can do this from the lock screen or while your iPhone 14 Pro is unlocked.
- Press and hold the Screen Record icon.
- Tap Microphone On.
- Tap Start Recording.
- You’re now recording your screen with sound so you can talk alongside it.
- To stop recording your screen, tap the red status bar at the top left of your screen.
- Tap Stop.
The video is automatically saved to Photos.
What Limitations Are There for Recording Your Screen?
There’s no time limit on how long you can record your iPhone 14 Pro screen. It depends on the free storage on your device, though the recording may stop randomly during long sessions. You must also ensure your iPhone doesn’t enter sleep mode while the screen recording is active.
Certain apps like Netflix and Prime Video do not allow their content to be recorded for copyright reasons. If you enable screen recording while playing content from any such app, it will show up as a blank screen.
For the most part though, you can record anything on your iPhone 14 Pro including clips of games you’re playing.
Notifications and phone calls are also recorded so you may wish to switch Focus mode on whenever you make a screen recording.
How Do You Adjust Screen Recording Settings?
In a word, you can’t. The only options you can adjust are the ability to start a Facebook Messenger broadcast instead of recording and saving to your Photos. It’s not possible to adjust the resolution or even the video quality of the clip.
Once the screen recording is saved, it is possible to trim and edit the video clip in the Photos app.
See also: The 10 Best Video Editing Apps For iPhone
Why won’t screen recording work on my iPhone 14 Pro?
If screen recording is enabled in Control Center but you still can’t record, you might need to free up some storage space. It could also be your Restrictions, which you can find under Settings > Screen Time. Check Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, and look to see if Screen Recording is being restricted.
How do I use screen recording on an iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus or iPhone 14 Pro Max?
The process for screen recording on all iPhone 14 models is the same. Go into Settings > Control Center and turn on Screen Recording. Then open Control Center (swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen) and tap the Screen Record icon.
Where do my screen recording go?
On iPhones, screen recordings can be found on Photos app.
Submit a comment