If you’re having trouble downloading or updating apps or can’t purchase apps on your iPhone 12 Pro, there are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve this issue.
It can be quite frustrating if you are not able to download an app from iPhone 12 Pro App Store nor update the existing ones. You may be receiving the error – ‘unable to download app’. In this article, i’ll show you several ways to fix the issue of iPhone 12 Pro apps won’t download.
We love our smartphones because they are so brilliant in handling our social lives, work, relationships, and calendar. Our reliance on these phones is to the extent that we begin palpitating when we realize that we forgot our phone somewhere. So do our phones have the superpower of controlling us? The truth is that our phones may not be as powerful as they seem without all the apps that we download to them.
These apps allow us to turn our phones into intelligent little machines that load us up on information regarding several things in our lives and worldwide. With apps being so crucial for a smartphone, imagine how your smartphone’s life could come to a near standstill if your iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps. It is why we have looked up solutions that can help you fix iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps.
The tips discussed on this article applies to iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max that won’t download apps.
The most important thing to remember when downloading anything from the App Store is that you must have a stable internet connection. Your iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps if the internet connection is not working correctly. Whether you are connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi or using cellular data, the most fundamental step to ensuring that you can download the apps is to have a good internet connection.
Pull down the control center of your iPhone and check if the Wi-Fi icon or the cellular data icon is on. If none of these icons is switched on, you must switch on the connection to ensure that your iPhone has access to the internet.
However, if you tried this but your iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps, follow the below solutions to fix the issue.
How to fix iPhone 12 Pro not downloading apps Issue
Are you using the right Apple ID?
If you’re having issues with downloading app updates, the issue could stem from your Apple ID. If you change the Apple ID on your iPhone or are signing in with an old ID, the apps you’re using won’t update or download.
You can quickly check the Apple ID you’re logged in with by going to the App Store. If you find that you’re logged in with the wrong Apple ID, follow these steps to change it:
- Launch the App Store app.
- Tap on your profile photo located at the top right side of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom on the Account page.
Tap on the Sign Out button in order to log out from your Apple ID.
- Sign back in with the correct ID.
Check the date and time on your iPhone.
When you try to download an app from the App Store, the Apple servers will try to check for the time on your iPhone. If the time is incorrect, it will not sync the servers with the device, which can cause a problem in downloading anything from the App Store.
The easiest way to resolve the issue is to make sure your iPhone automatically updates the date and time. To do this:
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Toggle the Set Automatically to On (green).
Restart your iPhone.
If you have downloaded apps before without any problems and this is the first time you encounter an issue with your iPhone 12 Pro when downloading apps from App Store, then restarting the device can be helpful. With the help of a restart, you should fix this issue without getting into deep troubleshooting on your iPhone.
However, there is a chance that restarting the iPhone may be a temporary fix. If you begin to encounter the problem too often and the restart begins to get annoying, you must try the other troubleshooting steps.
To restart your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Shut Down.
Pause and restart your download.
A simple glitch in communication or connection can cause an app download to stall. You may be able to fix the issue if you pause and restart the process.
Just tap and hold the app on from the home screen. If the app download is paused, tap Resume Download to get it going again. If it’s stuck, you can try to tap Pause Download. Once that’s done, you’ll press and hold the app again to tap Resume Download.
Completely restart the App Store.
An App Store bug may be to blame. To fix this issue, completely restart the App Store.
- Start by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. This will reveal the multitasking view.
- Scroll through the open windows on the screen to find the App Store and then swipe it off the top of the screen.
- Once you’ve closed the app, you can just reopen it and get your download started again.
Try signing out of the App Store and back in.
If iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps, try signing out of the App Store and sign back in. There may be issues with the Apple ID that are fixed by just signing back into your account.
To sign out and back in to the App Store:
- Launch the App Store app.
- Tap on your profile photo located at top right side of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom on the Account page.
- Tap on the Sign Out button in order to log out from your Apple ID.
- Sign back in using your Apple ID name and password.
Double-check your payment method.
The reason why your iPhone 12 Pro won’t download apps may be due to expired or outdated payment method. You need to have a current, usable payment method connected to your Apple ID — and that’s true whether the app is free or paid for. .
To check your payment method:
- Tap Settings from the home screen.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Payment & Shipping.
- Type in your password for your Apple ID when prompted.
- Tap on Add Payment Method to add a new card to your account.
Try downloading over Wi-Fi instead.
Cellular data can be spotty if you’re in a remote area or if you’re low on data. Try downloading over Wi-Fi instead. To turn on your Wi-Fi:
- Launch the Settings app on your Home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi, and then toggle it to On/green.
- Your iPhone will display a list of available wireless networks under Choose a Network.
- Tap on the name of the network you’d like to join.
- Type in the password when prompted.
Check for updates to your operating system.
If you’re running an outdated version of iOS, a bug could be to blame. Patches are rolled out with new iOS updates, so updating your operating system may solve the problem altogether.
To check for updates to iOS:
- Open the Settings app on your home screen.
- Scroll down and tap General.
Tap Software Update, then Download and Install. You may need to enter your passcode.
- Tap Install Now.
- When the iOS update finishes, your iPhone will restart and display a completion notice.
Try resetting your iPhone’s settings.
Believe it or not, bugs in your low-level settings can cause downloads to stall or stop working altogether. These settings aren’t easy to access, but you can easily fix them by resetting all of your iPhone’s settings. Erasing your settings won’t mess with your data, either — so you don’t have to worry that this quick fix will delete years of photos or messages.
It’s easy to reset your iPhone’s settings. To do this:
- From the Home screen, Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
- Tap on Reset All Settings to confirm.
- Allow several minutes for the reset and reboot processes to complete.
iPhone 12 Pro not downloading apps: Fixed
As you can see, there are so many ways to fix the “iPhone 12 Pro not downloading apps.” We trust one of them will work for you. If you have any other questions, drop a comment and let us know.